04 May Steps and the New Normal – Issue 1
In response to what we’ve heard from our clients, we launched our first issue of ‘Steps and the New Normal’ newsletter last week – click here to see what arrived in inboxes, or read on for the content!.
In the first issue of ‘Steps in the New Normal’, we share some resources on D&I and Mental Health we’ve found useful in this strange environment, as well some updates from us!
The New Normal!
It turns out the new normal requires new thinking! As lockdown began and stay-at-home orders were issued, we thought we all could use something to smile at. So we put our creativity to good use to create a video (all filmed remotely!) with some of the pitfalls of virtual meetings…
D&I Thinking in the New Normal
It’d be easy for D&I to fall down the agenda right now – so here’s some articles we’ve found helpful in thinking about it in the context of the COVID-19:
- One New Way To Retain Diversity & Inclusion Momentum During The Coronavirus Pandemic – Forbes
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader Through a Crisis – Harvard Business Review
- Inclusion is more important than ever–here are 4 ways to achieve it – FastCompany.com.
- Companies: Now Is Not The Time To Put Diversity And Inclusion On The Back Burner – Forbes
Looking Out for You in the New Normal
Away from the world at work, the Steps team has been working together to look after our own wellbeing by sharing resources we’ve found helpful – and we’d like to share them with you too!
- Headspace Mindfulness for New Yorkers (and Beyond)
- Meditation 101 – A Beginners Guide
- 6 Ways to boost your wellbeing while staying indoors – Mental Health UK
If you’re interesting in receiving the next issue straight to your inbox, click here to sign up.